GFS...The Bugs Are Here

Old March 30th, 2007, 06:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Daniel-San

Default GFS...The Bugs Are Here

Nice looking stuff, guys. Thanks to all, especially Joe for 'meistering.

Dan
(Larry...no roadkill this year? :-)

Old March 30th, 2007, 10:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"Daniel-San" wrote in message
et...
Nice looking stuff, guys. Thanks to all, especially Joe for 'meistering.

Dan
(Larry...no roadkill this year? :-)

I got mine as well, and they are fantastic!

However, several flyz came loose from their tags and I have one more fly
than I have tags? So I have three tags without flyz attached and 4 flyz?

I'm guessing, but Dave Martel's Zebra Caddis is the dark deer haired fly
with brown hackle collar? Marty Lee's Black Warrior is the tiny beadhead
nymph? Mike Bernardoni's #10 Ryan's Butt is the beadhead with orange body
and red tag-end? I also have a deer haired fly with bluish CDC and have no
apparent idea whose it might be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again Joe! And all of the swapsters!

Op

Old March 30th, 2007, 10:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Flytyer37

Nice looking stuff, guys. Thanks to all, especially Joe for 'meistering.

Dan
(Larry...no roadkill this year? :-)

Man, I'm bummed. I thought the US Mail would have a direct, overnight
flight from Taxachusetts to the red state with taxes higher than Rhode
Island.
Frank Reid

Old March 31st, 2007, 12:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
fly.flinger

"Opus--Mark H. Bowen" wrote in message

"Daniel-San" wrote in message
et...
Nice looking stuff, guys. Thanks to all, especially Joe for 'meistering.

Dan
(Larry...no roadkill this year? :-)

I got mine as well, and they are fantastic!

However, several flyz came loose from their tags and I have one more fly
than I have tags? So I have three tags without flyz attached and 4 flyz?

I'm guessing, but Dave Martel's Zebra Caddis is the dark deer haired fly
with brown hackle collar? Marty Lee's Black Warrior is the tiny beadhead
nymph? Mike Bernardoni's #10 Ryan's Butt is the beadhead with orange body
and red tag-end? I also have a deer haired fly with bluish CDC and have
no apparent idea whose it might be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again Joe! And all of the swapsters!

Op

tiny?

yes, mark, it's mine - guess I shouldn't debarb for swaps, maybe they'd stay
on the tag better

Marty

Old March 31st, 2007, 01:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Daniel-San wrote:
Nice looking stuff, guys. Thanks to all, especially Joe for 'meistering.

Dan
(Larry...no roadkill this year? :-)

i received mine today. ditto on the thanks to joe for the effort. and,
thanks to all of you fellers who shared the time of feathers and fur
with me...i'll be fishing your flies in nc, tennessee, and montana this
year. it's a warming feeling each time i use a fly provided by someone
from this place, and i'm grateful for the gift.

perhaps in the years to come, we'll share a stream and take a fish with
the other's fly. (of course, i'll need to work on my end a bit before
you have a similar hope).

jeff (and, wayno...i doubt a professional tyer could have done a better
job g)
Old March 31st, 2007, 01:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:

I also have a deer haired fly with bluish CDC and have no
apparent idea whose it might be?

guess who!!! i made clear, i thought, for all to know...the miller
mutant 2, cdc&elk. (put some head cement on it)

i sent joe a note...i thought he might photocopy, reduce, and attach it
to the mutants...but, i guess you gets what you pays fer...g

btw...i didn't get your fly. i'm planning a breach of contract claim.
figure such action will require the maryland juggler to appear in nc for
a few days of fishing before i dismiss the case.

jeff
Old March 31st, 2007, 01:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Stan Gula

I got mine too. I'll open them tomorrow when I get together with Jimmy.
Thanks everybody, and especially rb608

"Daniel-San" wrote in message
et...
Nice looking stuff, guys. Thanks to all, especially Joe for 'meistering.

Old March 31st, 2007, 03:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Stan Gula typed:
I got mine too. I'll open them tomorrow when I get together with
Jimmy. Thanks everybody, and especially rb608

Maybe mine are in my mailbox at work. Freakin' work - too busy to check
for swap flies today. But things are looking up! Today was great Spring
weather, tomorrow looks to be just as nice, Perdomo is having an event
at the local cigar shop tomorrow, and I could be doing some afternoon
fishing before the sun goes down. WooHOO! As long as Joe doesn't tell me
I was one of the reprobates that did something wrong, I'll be a happy
boy.
--
TL,
Tim

Old March 31st, 2007, 08:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"fly.flinger" wrote in message

"Opus--Mark H. Bowen" wrote in message

"Daniel-San" wrote in message
et...
[...]

Thanks Marty. Btw, I wasn't attacking the stature of your fly, I was only
trying to be as descriptive as possible. Yours is a wonderful fly, and I
intend to make copies that will catch many enormous trout! :~^ )

Op

Old March 31st, 2007, 09:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"jeff" wrote in message
Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:

I also have a deer haired fly with bluish CDC and have no apparent idea
whose it might be?

guess who!!! i made clear, i thought, for all to know...the miller mutant
2, cdc&elk. (put some head cement on it)

And a loverlyeer fly, I can't imagine! I guarantee it will catch trout on
Upper Creek in May!

i sent joe a note...i thought he might photocopy, reduce, and attach it to
the mutants...but, i guess you gets what you pays fer...g

The rules were stated most clearly! You tag yer own damn flyz, you lazy
good fer nothin' horn swaggler!

btw...i didn't get your fly. i'm planning a breach of contract claim.
figure such action will require the maryland juggler to appear in nc for a
few days of fishing before i dismiss the case.

Recognizing the exceptional fishability of my Poophas, I'm certain Joe kept
a few extra for himself!

I'll be certain to bring you several on my variation of the Fox Poopha, when
we meet in May.

Op

jeff