odd behaviour

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
The Midnight Rider

Default odd behaviour

Well, made up for the blank today, a nice 11lb'er on tens elastic and 3lb
line, through the weeds and onward, but i refused to give in and landed it
(after about 10 mins or so). All in all a nice day.
Hope your luck was equal.

"Gandalf" wrote in message
Many thanks Midnight, I am guessing you are a younger man and firing
blanks could have more than one meaning.Sometimes I wish I had been.VBG

Total washout, after fighting to this swim I had only seen from the other
side of the lake I found out it was over grown with trees on the sides and
above. I lost two hooks before I even got a bait in the water and the swim
was an even 3 foot deep in all the places I could cast using a 12 foot
match rod. After an hour I moved but the swim that was second choice would
have meant fishing in close as a swim on the adjacent bank was occupied so
it would be unfair to cramp his style with many swims open so I went round
the corner and only had a few small roach, gudgeon and bream. The "no
blank" record holds good though. The guy who had the swim I left free had
an 18.5 lb carp and I was so damn pleased for him.

Even so it was nice quiet day out.

--
Gandalf

"The Midnight Rider" wrote in message
All the best for '52' gandalf old boy, and hope you get a good session
for the day.
And Derek, message from the wife "*&^%$£ you *&^%$£ dare mr." hehe.
p.s. my first blank today for many weeks, the wife is still laughing
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. she says its justice for the other night.

"Gandalf" wrote in message
Hi Derek,