Bailiffs need throwing in the lake

Old October 10th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Ed

Default Bailiffs need throwing in the lake

Why is it that bailiffs are so arrogant and rude if you are polite and
friendly to them. It is not just me who thinks this, but a lot of people I
know.

If you are polite and friendly to them, they are arrogant pricks. If you
treat them like they are a scummy, no-body, then they are nice!

Is it that they are power-crazed and see anyone who is polite and friendly
as a weak target to get a power trip off?

As an example, there is a bailiff as Richworth Linear with a big scar on his
face, and for years I have always been polite and friendly with him, and all
I got was attitude. When I was abrupt and treated him like he was a useless
no-body and he tried to be nice! According to Alvin Roy (bloke who owns
Linear), the bailiffs are not like the usual 'Gestapo-trained bailiffs' and
'don't give the anglers a hard time'! Hello? Wake up!

Old October 10th, 2003, 07:49 PM
kinglemming

I am always nice to the anglers at my lake )

steve
--
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeSPLA T!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.stebru.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
http://www.aquatels.co.uk

Old October 11th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Matt \(IS Team\)

"Ed" wrote in message
[...]

I all the years I have fished I have never met a bailiff who wasn't friendly
and helpful. So I would have to say you have found the exception, not the
rule.

BTW, the nicest bailiff I have ever met is the Park ranger at Grange Nature
Reserve, Coalville.

m@

Old October 11th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Gray

This is weird I have been fishing for --around 22 years only ever met 5
bailiffs I can remember (that includes my 2 sons who are ones)

So I can't say that I remember any nasty ones not even the EA one last year

--
Regards
Gray

If you have been subscribed to this Group unknowingly and wish to leave,
please send a mail to:-

"Matt (IS Team)" wrote in message

"Ed" wrote in message
Why is it that bailiffs are so arrogant and rude if you are polite and
friendly to them. It is not just me who thinks this, but a lot of

people

SNIPPED
I all the years I have fished I have never met a bailiff who wasn't

friendly
and helpful. So I would have to say you have found the exception, not the
rule.

BTW, the nicest bailiff I have ever met is the Park ranger at Grange

Nature
Reserve, Coalville.

m@

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old October 11th, 2003, 01:46 PM
kinglemming

"Matt (IS Team)" wrote:

I all the years I have fished I have never met a bailiff who wasn't friendly
and helpful. So I would have to say you have found the exception, not the
rule.

BTW, the nicest bailiff I have ever met is the Park ranger at Grange Nature
Reserve, Coalville.

m@

You not had a cup of my coffee in the bailiff hut at aquatels yet then
)

steve

Old October 12th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Phil.L

:
: If you are polite and friendly to them, they are arrogant pricks. If
: you treat them like they are a scummy, no-body, then they are nice!

most bailiffs i have met are ok, there has been one bloke (an angler at a
local pool who fishes so regularly that the owner asked him to keep an eye
on the place when he's not there) who gets a bit power mad from time to
time, usually starting with the words,"I'm the bailiff on here and blah blah
blah"
its just his little way of showing who's in charge, but he dosent try it
with me anymore after i told him to fcukoff! now he just says hello and
nods, he does do a service though as he keeps the louts away and tidies up a
bit.