KY/TN Bound Soon!

Old May 13th, 2009, 03:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

Default KY/TN Bound Soon!

Well, it's getting closer to the time to leave Rhinelander. We've decided
that June 29 is my last guide job, and we want to be in Kentucky or
Tennessee the first week or so of July.

We've pretty much decided that there are three towns in each state that we
need to investigate more before we buy a house. So we're going to rent for
three to six months and check out all the areas, and perhaps find something
totally different while we're investigating.

The towns we're looking at (but not limited to) moving to a

Cookeville, Clarksville and Paris Tennessee - Campbellsville, Eddyville,
Monticello Kentucky

My criteria for a home (to rent) is:

Has to be within 20/30 minutes of decent fishing water.

Has to be the same distance to a hospital (stupid heart condition)

Would prefer to live in the country, but small town living would be all
right too.

No apartments (unless I absolutely cannot find anything else)

Two bedrooms/1 bath min., a duplex or even a newer mobile home would suffice
as long as the mobile isn't in a park!

It could be a rent/option to buy place, then I might not have to move again
soon.

Gotta have room to park my boat and two vehicles.

The wife has two neutered/declawed indoor cats that she refuses to part
with, so the place has to be pet-friendly.

So, if anyone knows someone in the real estate/property management business,
or sees a decent house to rent in their area, please drop me a line.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 13th, 2009, 02:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris S.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message
news
[...]

Best of Wishes Hope you find the ideal area...........

Chris S.

Old May 13th, 2009, 11:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.[_4_]

Steve ,check out Hendersonville,TN. Twenty miles N of Nashville on Old
Hickory lake. All price ranges of housing, access to lots of different water
w/ little travel time. Friendly people.

Old May 13th, 2009, 11:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Marty" wrote in message
Best wishes with your move Steve. Do you expect to continue guiding down
there?

I believe my guiding days are over. While I could probably do all right and
put people on fish, I wouldn't feel right taking people's money while still
learning the waters myself. So, I believe that I will sell the web url
herefishyfishy.com and close one/write another chapter in the "Book of
Huber."

Old May 14th, 2009, 03:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Good news if it makes you and Janet happy but sad we won't have a MTC
- Linda and I have already planned to be in Rhinelander that week,
anyway. She wants to see what I have been talking about the past 8
years - the Pub, the Fish Fry, Boom Lake and some of the other lakes
there. And she has never caught a smallmouth so we will definitely
visit Mohawksin! Will probably go on up to the Presque Isle area for
another week - gotta visit Crab lake where I got 101 smallmouth in
four days year before last with Fritz!

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Ronnie" wrote in message
Good news if it makes you and Janet happy but sad we won't have a MTC
- Linda and I have already planned to be in Rhinelander that week,
anyway. She wants to see what I have been talking about the past 8
years - the Pub, the Fish Fry, Boom Lake and some of the other lakes
there. And she has never caught a smallmouth so we will definitely
visit Mohawksin! Will probably go on up to the Presque Isle area for
another week - gotta visit Crab lake where I got 101 smallmouth in
four days year before last with Fritz!

Yes, I know that there'll be no more Northwoods Classic, but there might be
a revival of the Mid Tennessee Classic if that's any consolation. I will
miss Boom Lake and hearing how Jerry tore up another prop!

Old May 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com wrote:
The towns we're looking at (but not limited to) moving to a

Cookeville, Clarksville and Paris Tennessee - Campbellsville, Eddyville,
Monticello Kentucky ...

If you end up in Eddyville you'll be just a stones throw
from Lake Kinkaid in southern Illinois. What that means
is, don't get rid of your musky gear because October to
April is musky season on Lake Kinkaid. And southern
Illinois has some of the best goose hunting in the country.
You can do the old cast and blast almost all winter long.
Better than drilling holes in the ice, I guess.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com wrote:
The towns we're looking at (but not limited to) moving to a

Cookeville, Clarksville and Paris Tennessee - Campbellsville, Eddyville,
Monticello Kentucky ...

If you end up in Eddyville you'll be just a stones throw
from Lake Kinkaid in southern Illinois. What that means
is, don't get rid of your musky gear because October to
April is musky season on Lake Kinkaid. And southern
Illinois has some of the best goose hunting in the country.
You can do the old cast and blast almost all winter long.
Better than drilling holes in the ice, I guess.

--
Ken Fortenberry

"Almost" anything else is better than drilling holes in the ice. And I
wasn't planning on getting rid of my musky gear, Cave Run and Dale Hollow
both have muskies, and I'm guessing that some of the muskie gear might serve
double duty for striped bass and big cats.

Old May 14th, 2009, 10:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty[_2_]

The end of an era. I'm sure you'll make the right decisions. Your reasoning
for not guiding shows a personal honesty that too many people lack.