Off to the John Day river today...

Old May 31st, 2006, 11:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Off to the John Day river today...

.......been waiting for this trip for a long time. My dispatcher gave me
an RV to deliver to the Olympic Peninsula (Poulsbo, WA) after dropping
this one it is about 350 miles to Service Cr. OR. Talked to the folks
there and the river is clearing up and fishing well after weeks of rain
and cold. (it is still getting down to the low 40's at nite) The truck
is loaded and after having breakfast with my Navy son this morning I
will load up and leave. Trip report and hopefully some pictures to
follow when I return.

Frank Sr.
Old June 7th, 2006, 02:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Frank Church wrote:
......been waiting for this trip for a long time. My dispatcher gave me
an RV to deliver to the Olympic Peninsula (Poulsbo, WA) after dropping
this one it is about 350 miles to Service Cr. OR. Talked to the folks
there and the river is clearing up and fishing well after weeks of rain
and cold. (it is still getting down to the low 40's at nite) The truck
is loaded and after having breakfast with my Navy son this morning I
will load up and leave. Trip report and hopefully some pictures to
follow when I return.

Frank, you should be off the river by now, how was it? I wish I had
seen this post, I would have enjoyed going with you.

Padishar Creel