Telescopic rpd

Old February 7th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Keith Hampson

Default Telescopic rpd

I am wanting a telescopic rod for spinning, can anyone recommend a rod and
where to buy on the net, the ones in my local tackle shop seem a little
fragile for pike.

Thanks Keith

Old February 8th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Biffa Bacon

"Keith Hampson" wrote in message
I am wanting a telescopic rod for spinning, can anyone recommend a rod and
where to buy on the net, the ones in my local tackle shop seem a little
fragile for pike.
Thanks Keith

Not what you're after I know, but I've just started using (last 3 months) a
baitcaster setup.
Upside down rod with a trigger release reel.
Its superb sport for piking !!
I bought a spidercast rod
http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/revi...od_review.html
and a Daiwa Baitcaster reel, I'm using 30lb braid, and its great fun fishing
all types of lures.
I think I may even retire my ol' spinning rod.
Its a nice easy one piece setup which is easy to stalk with, I've not
enjoyed my pike fishing like I have in the last few months ever.
Well worth a go in my opinion.

--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://fishing.brownz.org/

Old February 8th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Keith Hampson

ok will look on ebay, what casting weight and length should I be looking for

thank you
Keith

"Terence Lynock (MSW)" wrote in message
The message
from "Keith Hampson" contains these words:

I am wanting a telescopic rod for spinning, can anyone recommend a rod

and
where to buy on the net, the ones in my local tackle shop seem a little
fragile for pike.

Thanks Keith

Have a look on eBay as they come up quite often at very low prices,
should be able to pick a decent rod up for less than a tenner,

regards, Terry

Old February 8th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Steve Walker

In message , Terence Lynock
writes
The message
from "Keith Hampson" contains these words:

I am wanting a telescopic rod for spinning, can anyone recommend a rod and
where to buy on the net, the ones in my local tackle shop seem a little
fragile for pike.

Have a look on eBay as they come up quite often at very low prices,
should be able to pick a decent rod up for less than a tenner,

Unless they've improved since I last tried one, though, telescopic rods
tend to have an extremely compromised design, both in terms of the
effect of too many short sections (and hence ferrules) on the action and
in terms of the ring spacing.

The only one I ever really liked was actually designed for dapping, and
when collapsed was almost as long as a section of a normal rod. The
action was fine, the spacing of the rings still poor. It wouldn't fit in
a suitcase, but it was as tough as old boots and very cheap, so I had no
qualms about it going in the luggage hold. Nice rod for mullet, etc on
holiday.

--
Steve Walker
Old February 8th, 2005, 07:42 PM