float tubes?

Old June 5th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Wayne Harrison

Default mayhem for Bruiser

"Big Dale" wrote in message
wayno wrote:snip that's true. jeffie and pj are about 2.5 hours east of

me,
if you really
gas that bitch; waldo and snakefiddler are around 2 hours west, as is

opie,
although thirty miles south of them; indian joe is maybe 3 hours 15 mins
southeast, on the coast, at wilmington. zimbo is about 1.5 east,

So what you are saying is that you could drive over in the morning to see
Indian Joe and take him out for breakfast right ?

Big Dale

well, more like brunch, big d. traveling makes my head hurt, before
9:00am.

yfitons
wayno

Old June 5th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Jeff Miller

Default float tubes?

john...good to hear from you. have you been scouting another alpine
lake for us to visit?

jeff

John Hightower wrote:

hey Bruce- whats up? hope you'll be at mayhem 2.0. this year. It's a
gettn' closer n closer

jh

"bruiser" wrote in message

Hi John!

bruce h

Old June 5th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Tim J.

"Wayne Harrison" wrote...
"Tim J." wrote...
"rw" wrote...
Wayne Harrison wrote:

i was replying to dan'l's post. i think. where do i send the

five?

Stephen Barnard
PO Box 267
Stanley, ID 83278

Or give it to Jeff before the Clave, if you see him.

It's funny. I imagine you North Cakalacky guys running into each other
all the time. But it's probably not like that.

Family reunions?

it becomes more and more obvious that your yankee arrogance will require
a serious attitude adjustment, once't ah meet y'all in reel laff, doncha
know...

Stoli and/or Dalwhinnie? OPV/S is my favorite attitude adjustment.
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 5th, 2004, 07:58 PM
John Hightower

found a dandy last year- but its about a 6 hour hike and 250 miles from
clave central- not too far as the crow flies from grayling lake at last
years clave. I'm afraid lakes in the jellystone area are up to Warren.

jh

John Hightower wrote:

hey Bruce- whats up? hope you'll be at mayhem 2.0. this year. It's a
gettn' closer n closer

jh

"bruiser" wrote in message

Hi John!

bruce h

Old June 5th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Charlie Choc

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:58:47 -0600, "John Hightower"
wrote:

found a dandy last year- but its about a 6 hour hike and 250 miles from
clave central- not too far as the crow flies from grayling lake at last
years clave. I'm afraid lakes in the jellystone area are up to Warren.

Grebe Lake in the park looks like it might be interesting - it has a
natural population of grayling as well as rainbows from what I have
read.
--
Charlie...
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Willi

wrote:

found a dandy last year- but its about a 6 hour hike and 250 miles from
clave central- not too far as the crow flies from grayling lake at last
years clave. I'm afraid lakes in the jellystone area are up to Warren.

Grebe Lake in the park looks like it might be interesting - it has a
natural population of grayling as well as rainbows from what I have
read.

Grebe is a decent hike in, about three miles, but it's easy ie. level.

There's alot of good lakes in the area that we've fished in the past. A
few you can drive to and others that require a walk. I also scouted out
a couple new ones I'd like to try.

Willi

Old June 5th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Charlie Choc

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:29:28 -0600, Willi wrote:

I also scouted out
a couple new ones I'd like to try.

Cool. I'll be bringing a float tube.
--
Charlie...
Old June 8th, 2004, 01:19 AM
rw

Default mayhem for Bruiser Weekend TR

bruiser wrote:

I'm pretty sure it'll be a last minute thing if I can go. Doing my best to
play my cards right, but I did have some *awesome* fishing at the San Juan,
ala the Railroad Ranch, last night around 7-8 pm.

Maybe if you stayed home for a weekend or two Heidi would let you go to
the Madison Clave. :-)

Old June 8th, 2004, 01:58 AM
bruiser

You guys have really made my day. Thanks a bunch everyone! Please, don't
send money :-)

I'm pretty sure it'll be a last minute thing if I can go. Doing my best to
play my cards right, but I did have some *awesome* fishing at the San Juan,
ala the Railroad Ranch, last night around 7-8 pm. Fishing was good all
weekend, off and on, and I was having fun. Sunday I fished dries all day
except for two hours in the main channel. It wasn't hand over fist by any
means but there were huge, huge mats of black midges on the water and you
could find fish working all over the place.

Willi, listen up. You need to get down here for some Summer hatches
sometime because the downstream fishing is so good. Last night, downstream
of the Special Regs, I had three big browns in front of me just casually
taking baetis duns about every five seconds each. They were understanding
but uninterested as I tried several approaches and patterns. I was changing
baetis patterns frantically, sticking the removed bugs and tippet into my
hat instead of back into the box. A few drifts were met with looks but most
of the time the perfect drift was ignored. The fly pattern got smaller and
smaller and finally I got #1) with my parachute hopper indicator and #2)
with a tiny microscopic parachute adams, smaller than I'll ever try tying.
Wow it was an amazing way to end the weekend. Except when I kept looking at
my watch, tacking on 3.5 hours for Lota Burger and 190 miles of white
knuckle, and then spotting another fish.... One of those awesome days that
the San Juan can give you once in a while.

bruce h

Old June 8th, 2004, 02:01 AM
bruiser

you guys are cool.