Old September 6th, 2006, 12:35 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Derek Moody

Default River Flyfishing Home Counties

In article . com,
wrote:

While in the USA fly fishing has become my No 1 passion over the last
few years. For 25 dollars a year I could fish anywhere I wanted in my
state, I usually manage to wade or float for smallmouth bass and trout

I only just realised what you've been doing. This is a game (in UK trout
and salmon) ng so naturally I assumed you were seeking the same

- but if you're happy fishing for other fish then there's quite a lot of
good flyfishing to be had - for coarse and sea fish - for a much lower price
or sometimes free. Again you will do well to get out of London but you
won't need to go as far. (Strictly OT here but wth) Chub, dace, perch and
pike all take a fly and can be found in most home counties rivers. Many
smallish sea fish will take a lure and can be caught along the south coast
wherever there are accessible features/rocks away from bathers.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/