Old September 5th, 2006, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Andy Lawson

Default River Flyfishing Home Counties

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I am moving back to the UK from the US. Not sure where yet, but near
London. What's foremost on my mind is where am I going to fish? After
browsing the web for some nice river fly fishing anywhere near where I
may end up I am in a near panic. I can't afford to spend 150 quid for a
day on the river or have the time to drive all the way to south Wales.
Any tips anyone?

While in the USA fly fishing has become my No 1 passion over the last
few years. For 25 dollars a year I could fish anywhere I wanted in my
state, I usually manage to wade or float for smallmouth bass and trout
at least 3 times a week after work and the occasional Saturday or
Sunday for steelhead and salmon. All practically for free.

cheers, Robert

Hi Robert,

Once you've completed your move back to the UK and if you're within
reasonable travelling distance to West Oxfordshire, drop a note back on this
NG and I'll pass on my contact details. I'm the membership secretary for a
small club fly fishing in on the River Windrush between Witney and Minster
Lovell, Oxfordshire. Approx 3/4 mile single bank and wet & dry fly fishing
for Brown Trout. Season is from April 1st to September 30th. Cost currently
£75 per season.

Regards,

Andy Lawson