Old September 5th, 2006, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Don Phillipson

Default River Flyfishing Home Counties

wrote in message
ups.com...

I am moving back to the UK from the US. Not sure where yet, but near
London. What's foremost on my mind is where am I going to fish? After
browsing the web for some nice river fly fishing anywhere near where I
may end up I am in a near panic. I can't afford to spend 150 quid for a
day on the river or have the time to drive all the way to south Wales.
Any tips anyone?

It all depends how much time you want to spend on the
London Orbital (ring-road). There are a few very famous
trout lakes in Kent and cheap or free stream fishing in
Kent and Oxon., so it makes a difference which side
of London you live. You even see fly fishers on the
Welsh Harp pond (they tell me.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs