Old August 9th, 2007, 12:45 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
The Old Bloke[_2_]

Default Fishing Reel Spare.

"Chris" wrote in message
The Old Bloke wrote:
Hi People,

My Dad died recently and he had a very old DAM Quick 550 spinning reel
that he loved. So decided to clean it up as a keepsake. Anyway, a tiny
1cm long spring zapped off into thick garden, never to be seen again.

Any hints on where I can source something like this? I used to have a
shed full of adds and ends, but I recently had a major clean out in
preparation for moving house.

I live in Brisbane.

Regards
Doug

Tried a spring out a a pen? one of the push button ones? There are a few
around with quite tightly wound springs.

Regards,

Chris.

That a good idea. I ideally need a stainless steel spring, but I guess that
is not critical as the reel is a keepsake, and probably not used.

I have found one source, but I have to buy a batch of 100 springs.