Old May 28th, 2007, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

Default How do you make a shooting head?

In article , Derek Moody
writes
Follow Mikes suggestions, but the line will work best if properly
balanced to your rod. Generally I would use a DT8 for a #7 Rod and
start by cutting the line to 12 yards. and see how this works. Having

Nowhere near enough - I use half a #12 with a #5 rod...

Yeah but you try to Calais from Dover chasing those Bass - cummon own up
:-)

I would consider you combination a bit top heavy. I once broke a
friends #7 rod casting a WF 9 line (double hauling). It came as a bit of
shock to both him and me :-)

I use a shooting head made from a DT9 floating line on a #7 9'-6" rod to
good effect.

So there :-D

Keep well Derek
--