Old November 4th, 2004, 07:46 PM
riverman

Default wiggle nymphs

"Larry L" wrote in message

"Larry L" wrote

FWIW, I tied up several wiggle models and "fished" them in the irrigation
canel on the property to watch the action.

I'm now convinced that they are NOT worth the extra tying effort aned
expense ...I believe that 99% of any trout that looked at a wiggle tie and
thought "yummy, gotta eat that" would feel the same about a single hook
tie using the same materials and construction ... there just isn't that
much difference, in fact the single hook looks more "real" to my,
admittedly non-trout, eyes

I figured the wiggle nymph was just someones effort at creating a new
gimmick. With that in mind, I figured one out, too. Why not tie a bunch of
flies that have a 'tube fly' upper, and a regular hook fly lower. When you
tie on the fly, you thread the tippet through the upper tube part, then tie
it onto the hook eye. That would give you a two-part fly that might have
some interesting motion, and you could even mix and match colors/patterns
for an interesting effect. It might work especially well for leech
imitations, streamers, etc.

I'm granting any roffians a 1-year grace period on using this idea before I
start charging royalties.

--riverman