Old October 30th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Larry L

Default wiggle nymphs

I'm starting to tie up a stock for next year and on the list are Brown Drake
look-a-likes.

Both my notes and my reference books make a "wiggle" nymph tied on two hooks
with a hinge in the middle seem like a good idea. I've never fished such
a tie and wonder ... are they really worth the effort or are they just
another sounds good and looks good in the vise but doesn't fish that well,
tie ...

I only get a very few days a year to try Brown Drake ties and I'm fairly
happy with my "emerger" but would like to try and extend this last light
hatch by fishing a nymph before the fish start surface feeding .... I've had
good luck with this on the somewhat similar Hex hatch, but have never tried
a wiggling fly

All suggestions and shared experiences, appreciated