Old December 13th, 2006, 04:31 PM posted to rec.boats.paddle,alt.fishing.catfish,sci.environment
Oci-One Kanubi

Default State grant to fund Mill Creek projects, tours

Gee-zeus, Garrison, you forgot to cross-post this to rec.bicycles!

I know this was an oversight, so I thought I'd better point it out.
HTH.

Yer friend,
-Richard

Garrison Hilliard wrote:
State grant to fund Mill Creek projects, tours
THE ENQUIRER

Folks along the Mill Creek floodplain will be able to learn about the history of
the waterway and help restore it through a state grant.

The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency awarded $50,000 to the Mill Creek
Restoration Project for a yearlong project that will include educational
workshops, tree plantings and tours. Volunteers also will install signs at
landmarks of the Underground Railroad.

The grant was one of eight statewide, for a total of more than $340,000. The
money comes from penalties collected from polluters.

Information: www.millcreekrestoration.org.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...388/1056/COL02