Old January 25th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Mike Connor

"Larry L" wrote in message
SNIP
If you have any bug tank links or suggestions ..... I'm all ears ...ah,

eyes
I guess on UseNet

Try these;
http://www.microscopy-uk.net/mag/ind...ll/insect.html

http://www.troutnut.com/equipment/index.php

http://www.troutnut.com/movies.php

http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Entom...ts/mascots.htm

A deluxe version!!!
http://www.carrycreek.com/mainFrame.htm

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/cat...be-insjar.html

Actually, you donīt need anything complex at all. Just a small tank. For a
while I used large square jam-jars with a piece of fine net over the top.Get
some gravel etc from the stream, and a plant. ( The plant provides oxygen).
Put this in your tank, and allow to settle. Add your insects, and observe! A
large magnifying glass is a good idea. It does hot have to be very powerful.

Depending on which insects you want to observe, you will need to put silt or
mud below the gravel. Use water from the stream where you collected the
insects. Donīt try to keep too many at once! Many aquatic insects are
predatory, so be careful what you put in the tank!

It really is quite easy, and you donīt really need any of the above links.

TL
MC