Old September 30th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Matt \(IS Team\)

Default fish finder

"Izaak" wrote in message

"Simon Atkinson" wrote in message
but then why stare at a float or eagerly watch carp take in every

floater
and find yourself willing it to take yours, maybe you might be better

off
with a fishing sim

The point is that it is me who has to pay attention, not some electronic
gadget doing it for me. Re your other post mentioning bite alarms. I'm
sure they have their uses but any fishing 'aid' which allows you to leave
your rod unattended is not for me. I guess I'm just old-fashioned.

Bite alarms do have their uses, in the correct situation, like many things
in this world! I have used one when night fishing, for example.

An example of the 'wrong' situation was last weekend. I was at Makins (Phase
1, pool 5) and a youngster (after about knocking my pole of the roller as he
passed) set up an alarm. We were getting bites every 10 mins or so, ffs why
would you need an alarm for that?