Old December 4th, 2008, 08:47 PM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,uk.rec.fishing.game
[email protected]

Default Fly Reel recommendations

Charles Turner wrote:
Hi guys,

Just about norrowed down my choice of a new fly reel (for a WF8 line).
Wonder if anyone has any comments on the following:-

Airflo T8

Airflo Airlite

Shakespeare Pflueger President

Note; the President reel shown in the John Norris catalogue appears to
be a different model to that on the Airflo web site?*!

Thanks,

Charles

Over the years I have become so greatly prejudiced against anything with
"Airflo" on it, that I would not touch it with a ten foot bargepole,
disinfected, and on fire! I even avoid their sinking lines, which are
the only things I have ever handled form Airflo which function properly.

If those are your choices, then I would go for the Pflueger simply on
principle, although I donīt know much about it.

If you want to try an alternative, then have a look at the Okuma
graphite range. The Airframe if you can get it, ( or the "Cascade" which
seems to be identical).

TL
MC