Old November 20th, 2008, 08:34 PM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,uk.rec.fishing.game
[email protected]

Default Fly Lines & Reels

Charles Turner wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just got a new Scierra rod and am looking to spend Ģ100-150 on a new
reel, any suggestions?
Also what is the best WF8 Flating Fly Lines.

Thanks,

Charles

I would suggest the Okuma Airframe for that line capacity;

http://www.okumafishing.com/products...g/airframe.htm

http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/tacklesh...frame_fly_reel

I have several of these reels which I use mainly in salt water, mostly
for sea-trout, and for large predator fishing. One may of course use
them for anything at all. I donīt see the point in spending a great deal
more than you need to, and I donīt know of any good alternatives in that
price range anyway.

With regard to a line, before one may give any recommendations at all,
more data is required. What do you want to use it for? ( I am tempted
to assume the "standard" sort of still water fly-fishing practised
widely in the UK, but might of course be wrong).

TL
MC