Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Gandalf[_4_]

Default Running a Fishery

Just as secondary though you might like to look into the idea of getting a
few mates together and running the lake as syndicate. That way you would
know how the money will work out better. You would still have to check the
lake out on all other aspects but a group of you could split the work maybe.

Just an idea.

--
Gandalf

"Pumpaction" wrote in message

" Gandalf" Gandalf.not@home wrote in message
I would add that asking in local tackle shops as well or trying to get in
contact with anyone involved in its previous use. Get as much info form
as many people as you can then you might see the pattern of what
happened.

--
Gandalf

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
In article , Jon
wrote:
Pumpaction wrote...

Thanks for that, the lake was shut since the last mob
to run
it ran of with the money.
It is quite overgrown now but nothing a couple of weeks gardening
won't sort
out.

OK, but as Jon says:

Councils would usually expect their rent up front. If the previous lot
didn't pay, it could be because they couldn't make any decent dosh out
of the lake. Not all lakes have queues of people wanting to join at
whatever cost.

There may be all sorts of other unresolved issues - including possible
legal
action.

A very cautious enquiry about the situation and possibly a request for
permission to make a survey (legal and physical - you couldn't use it as
free fishing permit) might be in order.

You need to know -exactly- why the previous operators cleared out before
you
do anything. You should think about contacting a land agent - advice
from
here is worth exactly what you are paying for it...

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Thanks Chaps you highlighted some areas I didn't think of it might be too
much for me, but it still might be worth the questions being asked