Old September 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

Default Fly Fishing Rods

In article , Dave Lane
writes
W. D. Grey wrote:
In article ,
writes
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 23:45:49 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

In article ,
writes
Absolutely. In fact, I saw a couple of used setups - rod and reel, no
line to speak of, one a Daiwa and the other a Shakespeare, both usable
fishing tools in graphite, offered for 20USD (about 50p UK

Fishing last Wednesday I tried out a rod/line combo for a pal.. I didn't
think to find out the name of the rod but he assured me it cost
40ukpounds and the line - a WEF 8 cost 10 ukPounds. I easily managed to
cast the whole line off the reel. The line just wanted to go - fantastic
value. It was a well matched outfit which was the important thing.

Money is what we choose to spend...obviously, one doesn't _need_ to
spend to fish, and speaking for myself, I'd rather have fun with an
inexpensive rig than fret over a pricy rig...as always, YMMV...but I
suspect your energy expenditure is somewhat similar to mine...OTOH, what
the **** do I know...have you gots you a Jag with a passel of Webers...?

Just a Ford.... KA :-)
Difficult to get a decent rod in the back though!

you want to try getting a 14 foot double hander into a mini???
Even in 3 pieces.... :+)

Your maths are in terrible state - 3 doesn't go into 14...:-)

How are things Dave - any salmon this season yet?
--
Bill Grey