Old August 17th, 2008, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Gandalf[_4_]

Default Is Crayfish a Fish - EA Licence

Don't like dill, will salad cream do.VBG

I thought signal crays were known to predate on small fry and young eels
have to be easy pickings for such a set of claws I would have thought.

--
Gandalf

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
In article
,
CS wrote:
Pulling signal crayfish out the size of small lobsters. Amazing.

I've not been following any research but they must be having a significant
effect on fish stocks - I wonder if they're anything to do with the eel
situation.

Consider: a large, tough, prolific, scavenger has to clear up a lot of
what
would otherwise have been food for bottom feeding fish, they must take a
lot
of fish spawn and might even be predators in their own right.

Boil 'em for five minutes and serve with dill sauce.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/