Old December 2nd, 2007, 07:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Willi

Default flashabou on nymphs

Larry L wrote:

I don't
honestly believe such detail adds many more fish, if any, to the "score" at
the end of the year. But then I don't fish for the score.

You've said that many times in the past but I don't think it's true.
Your score maybe isn't about numbers, maybe it's getting that "tough"
fish or seeing the take or ..... The "score" does play a part or it
wouldn't be fishing. People just keep that "score" in different ways.

P.P.S. I suk at tying and even my best products are still damn slovenly
compared to many other tier's products ... but I still love 'em and the
pleasure they bring.

I also think I "suk" at tying but I think alot of that has to do with
being able to see your own mistakes much better than those of other
people. This applies to lots of "crafty" things like woodworking, home
remodeling, etc. Your faults are glaring to your own eye but aren't seen
by others unless you point them out.

You've been tying for a long time, your flies catch fish for you
probably better than what you could buy in the store. To me this makes
you a good tyer.

Willi