Old December 2nd, 2007, 03:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly, rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mike[_6_]

Default flashabou on nymphs

On 2 Dec, 15:45, "Guy" guytee2 at comcast dot net wrote:

Mike,
When you say "robust", do you mean large, with lots of dubbing for the hook
size?
Or, how do you define robust?
My preference has always been to tie sparsely on nymphs.

Guy

No, I mean hard wearing, long lasting. I also like some sparse
dressings, but I have a few bulky ones too which often prove
successful. Depends on what one is trying to imitate.

There seems to be a general trend away from specific imitations
towards generic and general nymphs. Quite a few people only carry a
selection of general nymphs nowadays. Probably suffices for most
situations as well, but I still like to have a few specific dressings
for various hatches.

TL
MC