Old November 11th, 2007, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Derek Moody

Default Pike traces

In article , Gandalf
wrote:
Hi Will,

Many thanks for the heads up on that. I did a search myself and found one
place that sells them mail order. Link below although I am sure you already
know of it.

http://www.reelfishing.co.uk/Sakuma_...oks.html#a1785

Hmmm. 2.50 odd ukp for ten, probably OK for experiments but I'd hope for a
better price in bulk.

I totally missed the concept of hook shape and sort of went for the multiple
hook idea after seeing something about it a few months ago,I have to admit I
should have realised I had it wrong as Derek would never support the idea of
multiple hooks.

Oh, I'm perfectly happy with multiple hooks where appropriate. Pennels,
tandem lures, even nylon snap tackles for sal****er bassing in some
circumstances 'though those too will probably go to circles.

I also found a site explaining the science behind the circle hook, very
interesting.

A bit counter intuitive - it doesn't work with everything so good old hook
shaped hooks will be around for a long time yet.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/