Old November 11th, 2007, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Derek Moody

Default Pike traces

In article , Gandalf
wrote:
Hi Derek,

Been looking at it and will make my own I think. I had yet another trip and
a bag full of bream to 4.5 lbs but now I have the method down so well I can
do it almost every time it is getting boring so I am going to try and get a
few pike for a few weeks. I am sure there are a few good ones in there even
though it a relatively small lake plus I do have access to larger lake
renown for its large pike.

Just back from a day on the lower Stour - which is in serious need of rain -
4 chub, best two 5 1/2 lb and 4 3/4 lb, half a dozen roach 8 -12 oz each, a
few dace and minnows and a jack pike - but: *everything* took bread
floatfished on #8 hooks tied direct to 4lb reel line...

So belay everything said about wire traces for pike ;-)

Not heard of this large circle of hooks thing but it sounds a bit medieval
if I take it literally, I have enough trouble not getting a treble hooked on
things around me.

No, circles are a sort of extreme beak single hook.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/