Old January 17th, 2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Ken Fortenberry

Default Muskie Fly

briansfly wrote:
Stan wrote:
I emailed the guy, but all he would tell me was to "buy his tying
video." ...

That's was great customer service, eh. :-( ...

That's somewhat of a harsh assessment I think. I talked to Bill
for a good half hour, forty-five minutes on the phone and he was
quite helpful. He's in Florida right now guiding for red fish so
perhaps he's too busy to spend a lot of time on email with
non-customers. I didn't ask about the fly in the show you guys
watched, I either don't get that channel or don't pay for it on
my cable so I don't know what you're talking about. I did ask if
there were any commercial ties that he liked for Muskie and after
the obligatory, "Of course not", he mentioned Bunny flies and
Deceivers.

He gave me a ton of other helpful info about Muskie fishing with
a fly rod too but that's not really appropriate here in the tying
group. Start a Muskie thread on roff and I'll post it there.

--
Ken Fortenberry