Old August 27th, 2006, 05:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Jack Schmitt

Default Tying Kits?

"Jim" wrote in message
I haven't tied since the early 80's and would like to get back into it this
fall. I'm looking for a recommendation on a tying kit. I still have the
vise and tools, in need of materials. I recently received a Kaufmann's
Streamborn catalog and see that they sell tying kits.

Thanks

IMHO, if I were you, I would forgo the kits. Most of the material is second
rate. In our tying classes, we recommend you decide what flies you want to
tie and then buy the material for them. By doing this you will be assured of
getting first rate materials.