Old August 21st, 2006, 09:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
John

Default Losing fish at the tying bench: method 2047

"Stephen Welsh" asked:

Clousers on Circle hooks.

Use 'em for flys?

We have tried circle hooks on popping bugs and they absolutely DO NOT CATCH
SQUAT! LM bass and bluegill strike circle hook bugs and never hook
themselves. Even when I keep from flinch hook setting, they do not work.

I have no clue about circle hooks on clousers, salt water flies or bait but
I will fight any Fish and Game department that tries to mandate circle hooks
for all fly fishing! They don't work on popping bugs.
Good Luck!
John