Old November 24th, 2005, 02:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default Vise lights

As someone who is involved in color technology, I am going to interject
that there seems to be a high proportion of hype in Ott Light advertising.
There is a standard scientific way to measure the effectiveness of a light
source with respect to color perception called the "Color Rendering
Index." Details on it can be found at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_rendering_index If you then enter
"Color Rendering Index" (quotes and all) into Google, you will find many
pages of businesses selling lamps and bulbs who quote this number for each
of the products they sell. On the other hand, you won't find it anywhere
at all on the Ott Light web site. Now what they offer may be pleasant and
useful or at least usable for the task, but if it were anything special,
justifying their prices, one would think they would flaunt it.

Thank you. You got me thinking. I found this page from an Ott light
competitor, Solux http://solux.net/Ott_lite.htm
I would really like to try them side by side. Since the Solux bulb is so
much cheaper than the Ott, I think I may just order one.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply