Old September 16th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Richard

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
In message .com, Russ
writes

Maybe there are byelaws for particular areas? Maybe you can take
certain types of fish home, perhaps eels? What about live bait? Can you
fish for say, small roach on rivers and use them in the same area for
live/dead bait? If you can take fish home then what about clubs who
"own" that section of water. Do they have rights to stop people
taking fish home to eat? If anyone can point me in the right direction
then please let me know.

There is no law against eating coarse fish. What you require is the
consent of the owner of the fishing rights, which is unlikely to be
forthcoming in a managed coarse fishery. The attitude of the manager of a
game fishery to taking coarse fish may be entirely different...

Taking fish (coarse or otherwise) from private water without consent is,
as far as I know, treated as theft.

--
Steve Walker

Hi Steve,

I agree with that ........... 4 main 'boundaries', namely commercial coarse,
river coarse (in the main) game fishing and sea fishing ............ and of
course (if you extend the discussion beyond the UK) other countries 'local &
accepted' habits/behaviour.

Richard