Old January 11th, 2008, 07:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry L

Default Pretty damn cool

"salmobytes" wrote

Hmmm. I'd love to have a few 360' fly-image rotations on my own site.
But I wouldn't even consider 40 exposures per fly. The photoshop
touchup work alone would drive me nuts.
But if I could do 8 such frames, and click a mouse to do the rest,
then I'd do it to it.

It occurs to me that the 'function' is to let the viewer see all the
important aspects and views of the fly.

That function could be well served with 8 shots ... either presented as
separate stills or in a Flash 'movie' with mouse position controlling the
view shown.

This 'form' of presentation wouldn't be as eye-catchingly cool but it would
be far better than the standard fly photo and give admirers the visual
information they need to appreciate and duplicate a pattern.

Just a thought from

Larry L
( a "Form Follows Function" kinda guy )