Old September 24th, 2007, 09:43 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
MagicMike304

Default baits

On Sep 24, 1:27 am, "Steve Dressler" wrote:
I do some cat fishing here in Oklahoma, and recently went down to the gulf
of mexico to do some shark fishing, I have some baits left over, wonder if
they may catch some cats too. Have a little squid, about a 1/2 of a
stingray wing left, and some shrimp.... ideas?

It is hard to tell. Give it a shot and see what happens. For
flatheads, I would say no. For Channels, it is possible they may work.
Shrimp might work the best since it looks like crawdads which is one
of there natural foods. I am not to keen on sea fish, but if those
baits are oily, they may work good. The more oil the bait fish has,
the better the catfish can smell it and find it.

-Mike
http://www.katmasters.com