Old November 19th, 2006, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Reg Sweetmore

Default OT, well, not really...angling on tv

Dave Lane wrote:
hi all,

did any of you catch the program on BBC2 last Sunday evening, bloke
fishing for mahseer out in India? Marvellous photography, and the
atmosphere of waiting for the take, made me think of the experiences of
trickling a worm down a pool on the river - but salmon don't come that
big! What made me laugh was the interchange between the presenter and
his Indian guide - seems that anglers are the same anywhere.

anyway - this Sunday - BBC2 8pm - and he's off to Bhutan to try and
catch some of the descendants of trout introduced from Scotland in the
early 1900's - don't miss it.

cheers all

Dave

Really enjoyed it Dave.

Looking forward to tonights visit to Bhutan.

It reminds me of fishing some of the tributies of the Dovey in Wales,
trailing worms for Sea Trout / Salmon.

Those were the days.

All the best to you all,

Reg (The Misery Guts from the Potteries, who chats up the Ladies in
the Hotel)