Old November 17th, 2006, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

Default OT, well, not really...angling on tv

In article , Dave Lane
URL:mailto
did any of you catch the program on BBC2 last Sunday evening, bloke

Caught a bit of it at a friend's place but couldn't give it full attention.
Mostly made me want to: either sort out a decent groundbaiting regime or
use a decent size (12"+) plug.

fishing for mahseer out in India? Marvellous photography, and the
atmosphere of waiting for the take, made me think of the experiences of
trickling a worm down a pool on the river - but salmon don't come that
big! What made me laugh was the interchange between the presenter and
his Indian guide - seems that anglers are the same anywhere.

g pretty much.

anyway - this Sunday - BBC2 8pm - and he's off to Bhutan to try and
catch some of the descendants of trout introduced from Scotland in the
early 1900's - don't miss it.

Nah - I don't see much point in chasing expatriot trout when there are all
sorts of native (but to me exotic) species to try for.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/