Old October 1st, 2003, 11:01 PM
Simon Atkinson

Default fish finder

: Is it me or does any one else find some of the posts a little bit
: cynical? In stead of looking for good points people seem to be too
: interested in slagging off.

if you're not prepared to accept the opinions you asked for, feel free to
ignore them.

maybe when you've been an angler for a long time, and you've seen all

kinds
of bait, tackle, reels etc launched in a blaze of publicity, bought them,
thrown them away, and gone back to tried and trusted methods which have

been
used for decades, you may become a bit cynical too!

oooh!!!!!!!
just a lad me only thirty odd years fishing under the belt, never really
gone out and bought the latest gear though, nothing I like more that fishing
the waggler, even made my own, sometimes nothing pleases me more than just
watching the fish, I just thought that seeing a fish feed on free offerings
and approaching the bait might be informative as well as add an extra
dimension to fishing, not that I would do more that a couple of times as I
do enjoy the anticipation of watching the quill bob and weave then sink or
sail away attached to my chosen quarry (hopefully) so please do not assume
other people are ignorant or uneducated in their views -it's rude-

also there was a view that when fish finders first became widely available
(decades ago) there was an opinion that the signal from the transducer could
be picked up by the fish and that they would learn that it was a danger
signal so any continual or persistent use would be detrimental to fishing.

all irrelevant parts of this post have been deleted as the string is getting
too long