Old September 26th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Deep Thought

Default Looking for local places to fish

My main interests are commercial 'carperies' and rivers. I've never fished a
canal but if there's sport to be had on one I'll gladly give it a go! (tips
on tackle/tactics would be more than welcome).

Hi,

The first place that springs to mind is Kingsbury Water Park, their
website is at
http://www.fisheries.co.uk/kingsbury/

it one if the biggest fisheries in the Midlands.

I live local to Atherstone (about 10 miles south of you I think?).
I started fishing about 3 weeks ago (i.e. I've been once, caught
nowt!) but near Atherstone (enter CV9 as the postcode on multimap.com
to find it) there is The Riddings Fishery at Grendon (on the A5 a mile
west of Atherstone) that have 3 carp pools I believe.

the website for them is

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/riddings/

as for canal fishing, the Coventry canal runs through Atherstone, and
the River Anker runs just north of it, both river and Canal heading
towards Tamworth.

There's a chap who runs a fishing tackle shop called Hambry's in
nearby Polesworth. his address phone number is

Hambry's Fishing Tackle
8 Tamworth Rd
Polesworth
Tamworth
Staffordshire
B78 1JH
Tel: 01827 895011

the canal is leased by (amongst others) Kingsbury AC, Birchmoor AC ,
Dordon AC
(these are all villages and areas local to me.)

if you want to know any more about the this area, please feel free to
contact me off-list