Old September 23rd, 2003, 06:36 PM
Peter Cliff

Default Looking for local places to fish

Have you tried looking under:

http://www.fisheries.co.uk

We list several in that area including two waters which have recently
been added - 5 Ways Lakes and Lakeside at Hinckley. The latter is good
if you are after some decent carp - a nice looking lily-pad type estate
lake. Coming soon is Peatling Pools at Peatling Parva whilst others on
the site include Mill Farm at Gilmorton (the old quarry has some nice
carp), Makins Fishery, The Glebe and Mallory Park Fishery. You should
also consider Hopsford Hall - again nice carp and nice surroundings.

Good luck!

Peter

In message , "Matt (IS Team)"
writes
I moved down to Leicestershire a few months back and after getting all my
tackle replaced I am now looking for somewhere local to fish.
I live on the outskirts of Coalville.

There are quite a few commercial fisheries I know of down Hinckley/Wolvely
way (only 25 mins away) but I'm looking for alternatives.

My main interests are commercial 'carperies' and rivers. I've never fished a
canal but if there's sport to be had on one I'll gladly give it a go! (tips
on tackle/tactics would be more than welcome).

TIA,

m@

--
Peter Cliff