Old November 21st, 2008, 03:01 PM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,uk.rec.fishing.game
[email protected]

Default Fly Lines & Reels

Hmm...sorry, that link no longer seems to work, The offset foot from
the Henschel No 3 shown here is similar;

http://www.henschelreels.com/antireverse0.0.html

or the "titan" ( Titanium ) here;

http://www.henschelreels.com/titan.0...w.intel.com%3F

There are even cheaper alternatives of course, and I have used a couple
which worked OK, though some have a tendency for some part of the reel
to flex too much under stress, which may cause problems ( Usuallly spool
sideplates). The below merely as demos, I have not used these specific
reels!!!! ;

http://www.theflyfactory.co.uk/store/product_detail/302

http://www.theflyfactory.co.uk/store/product_detail/342

This one still only costs 8.95 Euros;

http://www.yatego.com/angel-zoobedar...156865e4d3a96d

I believe this isn the same model I used to use, but it costs 15.99 now,
which is three times what it cost when I had them. Still quite a few
people using them;

http://www.fishers-paradise.de/Angel...-5-7::220.html

This is the large arbour version of that reel;

http://www.piscatus.de/ANGELROLLEN/F...7-8::1099.html

there are plenty more such reels now, some at amazingly cheap prices,
which makes me wonder why people spend a fortune for a lot of "bling"
which is not only extremely expensive, but less functional, reliable, or
even suitable at all for a lot of flyfishing.

These die cast reinforced carbon fiber reels come in a very wide range
here, and mostly quite cheap. No idea whether they are sold in the UK ?

Anyway, thatīs probably enough about that for the time being!

TL
MC