Old May 23rd, 2008, 09:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
John

Default vise

"AKSkim" said:

John, your the first owner of one .....

Actually I'm not an owner. Norlander WILL refund your money, but not
cheerfully.

that I heard that hates it (couse I
never heard of anyone saying they like it either).

Several years ago at several shows, several celebrity tiers told me how
wonderful the vise and bobbin was, and I paid full price for mine not
knowing and finding out later that these guys got under the table kick
backs - no wonder they liked it.

I often wondered, if
someone spent a bucket load of money for it... how many who feels the
same as you would publically say so???

Don't know. Good question. My only reason for jacking my jaws was to let a
new tier know that new non-standard design, high priced vises may not be the
best for him. There is plenty of good advice in this thread saying what he
should do.

As always, appreciate your honesty.

I could be totally wrong about a newbie using the Nor-Vise. It's possible he
could start out on one, get the hang of it and never use a traditional vise
again. It's possible. Maybe the odds of him liking it would be as low as
one out of 10,000 but it's possible. On the other hand, if it was so good
for new tiers, why has the Nor-Vise not replaced all other beginner vises?

Good luck!
John