Old May 11th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Mike Connor

Default Good patterns for sand eels/lance?

"THOMAS SCHREIBER" wrote in message
Hi,

Here in Denmark, we have a sand eel/lance frensy at the moment. I think

that
all the larger seatrout are having a feast these days. The waters are

filled
with sand eels/lance.

Anyone knows any good patterns?

I thought about using a short hank hook like the TMC 811S og a Mustad 47S

(i
think) with a dark colored polarfibre wing(maybe more colors), and a
golden/silver tube mylar head, with 3d stick-on-eyes covered with epoxy.

Anyone got some words of wisdom to add? )

--

Venligst, Grüsse, Regards,
Thomas Schreiber

Short shank hooks with long "wings" are no good for seatrout. You get
takes, but no hook ups. You might like to try this;
http://www.sexyloops.com/connorsmetre/saltfly4.shtml

TL
MC