Old September 4th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Chris Rennert

Charles B. Summers, QOF. wrote:
That makes me think everyone out enjoying the beautiful weather! How are the
fish biting?

Joe... you want to take me fishing anytime soon? You'll have to drive,
launch, navigate, and run the trolling motor... but we can take my boat.

Charles,

I didn't get out until about 10am. I found a really cool spot that I
have fished before, but normally I fish it quickly and then roll. Today
I started fishing it quickly, and decided to dissect it a little more
thoroughly using marker buoys and about half a dozen different
presentations.

I started out throwing crankbaits (DT10 as always :-)), and managed 4
smallies, including a 3lb fish (I was calling around for friends that
had digital cameras so I could get a picture,nobody answered, so I put
the fish in the livewell and was going to call my dad when I got to the
launch, well all of a sudden here comes the DNR boat, and they checked
my license , then took a picture for me with their digital camera and
are going to email it ot me tomorrow :-) ). I then switched to a swim
jig (saw fish surfacing on shad) and caught 2 more. Then switched to a
drop shot and caught 4 more. Granted, this was in a span of about 3
hours. I lost a few fish as well. for a tough day, it definitely
turned out pretty good.

Sorry for the long reply

Chris