Old October 9th, 2009, 04:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Rodger Buffington

Default fly rod care

I would appreciate some advice on fly rod care. I have a selection of
rods, i.e. Loomis,
Sage, Orvis, T&T, etc., and it's time to clean and store. I recently had
an Orvis rod repaired and
they graciously sent along a tube of ferrule lube....which, unhappily, I
cannot find.

Having 'googled' the subject I get a variety of answers. Obviously,
cleaning the rod is a given, but,
I am getting mixed 'google' advice on what to put on ferrules, whether or
not to wax the rod, and
whether or not to store in the bags/tubes. One guy says parafin is good
for the ferrules, another says
absolutely not! Another says to store in tubes....another not! I would
like my rods to outlive me so
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Buff