Old December 12th, 2007, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

Default Sometimes Catching Fish Isn't About Your Fishing Method

In article , Dave Lane
URL:mailto
heh, keep it going fellers, I'm enjoying this. I've been wondering
about whether to treat meself to a double-hander for some time, as my
trout rod wouldn't last 5 mins on the river when it's up - and seeing
someone down there with such, just at the end of the season made my mind
up. Amazing easy, it looked, to roll cast a line right across the
river. At 14 ft, this is a bit bigger than I had thought best, but the
deal going on ebay was very tempting (Daiwa WF98 14ft and an Evans
Arrowhead line) - partly because my trout outtfit is a the WF98 9'6",

He (Evans) used to have a how-to-do-it video which shows pretty much all
you'll need.

with - an Arrowhead line.. :+) I'm a bit fed up with chucking bits of
ironmongery around the river, haven't the time to be digging for worms,
and had decided to really give the fly a go next year.

But you'll catch more if you take it down to the swillies and cast something
about #2/0 tandem...

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/