Old December 11th, 2007, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

Default Sometimes Catching Fish Isn't About Your Fishing Method

In article , Derek Moody
writes
for eg the double spey with a #10 and a 15' rod....
....this way, that way, swing the loop behind lift the rod and punch as
opposed to whipwhipswishwhip which is how it goes with a 6' #4.

Yeh! Yeh. Spey cast indeed - a name invented to make someone loadsa
cash teaching gullible anglers the "correct" method.

There is soooo much hype spoken/written about the SPEY cast !!! Any
angler with half a brain will know it is pretty obvious what needs to be
done to retrieve the line and cast in the right direction.

An example of the "naming" of a particular cast reminds me of when I was
a lad. I was performing a roll cast years before I heard the name
"Roll" cast. It just naturally became part of fishing for me.
--
Bill Grey