Old November 13th, 2010, 01:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Default nc

On 11/10/2010 11:14 PM, ScovilleUnit wrote:

HAHAHA, What a DORK! Let your ship get beached in a falling tide? Talk
about a person totally oblivious to his surroundings. (LOL) Hey ****-
for-brains, so you were on the other side of the island, the receding
water (for 2 to 5 hours) should have alerted you (maybe NOT S-F-B)that
the the tide was going out.

yup...it was funny. lots of folks have enjoyed a good chuckle from those
photos, even me.

however, the receding tide wasn't so noticeable ... at least to me and a
few other fishermen who also got stuck. it was an odd tide, one that
"drained" quickly in the area where the boat was anchored, but ebbed out
over the same time in the area we were fishing. the boat was fine about
one hour earlier when we left to chase a school of red drum at the other
end of the small island. you have to be familiar with the landscape of
the island and its waters to understand how different the tide looks and
works in the two areas...a familiarity i now have.

but you're right, i wasn't paying proper attention, and it shouldn't
have happened. lesson learned...

Oh well, dumb asses like you are the reason excellent maritime rescue
exist.

no need for rescue, excellent or otherwise. tides go out, tides come in.
but i appreciate your sterling and helpful commentary.

Precise Tide charts are nothing new, In case you didn't know (LOL)!!!!!

hmmm...you do a lot of actual boating?

so it goes...