Old April 9th, 2007, 01:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Rodney Long

Default Shark fishing from piers.

wrote:
I have a question about sharkfishing from piers on the west coast of
florida.
From Tampa Bay south is where I fish.

I know there has to be sharks by some of these piers because there are
Jacks and Spainish Mackerel around. Is cut ladyfish good for bait?

That will work,, not the best but will work , Blue fish is a better bait
for shark, Spanish work well to, the best is BoBo (bonitta)

Should I float my bait out or anchror it to the bottom. When I catch
a jack or ladyfish I save it for bait.

I fish on the bottom with them, it keeps them in place

Should I hang a dead fish over
side of the pier?

Not needed at all, as people are always cleaning fish and dumping the
carcasses over the side of the pier

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,