Old September 16th, 2004, 01:54 AM
asadi....

Default Mad River, Ohio

ANYWHERE BETWEEN uRBANA AND WEST lIBERTY OUGHT TO DO ALRIGHT.....AINT MUCH
IN THE WAY OF HONEY HOLES....caps off...

john outta dayton
"Goat" wrote in message
John wrote:

Do you have county maps or an Ohio Gazetteer?

I have an Ohio Gazetteer and a mad river public access areas map from
ODNR.
I am planning on the West Liberty area. Primtown Rd. or T173 maybe.
where are you coming from?

I live in western Ohio, I can get to Indiana trout as fast (or faster)
than I can Ohio but I already have the right license for OH. (and it
don't grow on trees ya know) I can get to the Mad River in about an
hour or so and I am starting to feel stupid for never at least wetting
a line there. I am not afraid to hike a mile(s) up/down stream for a
honey hole.

john

"Goat" wrote in message
.. .
Anybody here ever trout fish the Mad River in Ohio? I am planning on
hitting it about sept 27th. I have heard that anything caddis is a
good way to start (we'll see). I have some maps and some ideas as to
where I may start but thought I would see if anybody here had some
good info.