Old September 14th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Goat

Default Mad River, Ohio

John wrote:

Do you have county maps or an Ohio Gazetteer?

I have an Ohio Gazetteer and a mad river public access areas map from
ODNR.
I am planning on the West Liberty area. Primtown Rd. or T173 maybe.
where are you coming from?

I live in western Ohio, I can get to Indiana trout as fast (or faster)
than I can Ohio but I already have the right license for OH. (and it
don't grow on trees ya know) I can get to the Mad River in about an
hour or so and I am starting to feel stupid for never at least wetting
a line there. I am not afraid to hike a mile(s) up/down stream for a
honey hole.

john

"Goat" wrote in message
.. .
Anybody here ever trout fish the Mad River in Ohio? I am planning on
hitting it about sept 27th. I have heard that anything caddis is a
good way to start (we'll see). I have some maps and some ideas as to
where I may start but thought I would see if anybody here had some
good info.