Old July 18th, 2007, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Gandalf[_2_]

Default shakespeare Telescopic rod

Well the kit worked and I enjoyed it however I could not get through a bed
of gudgeon. I actually took a small gudgeon at over 25 yards on a size 12
hook and four maggots and bread flake ( ok I was desperate just to stop the
small fish )

If I went to float and held just off the bottom I got ravaged by roach that
thought they were piranha.

The only fishing excitement was when a large pike took one of the roach as I
brought it in and the pike was very big, I am guess the roach was not that
happy though. I also had good, well dry, weather but using the old kit was
good but I do need something more compact.

--
Gandalf

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
In article , Gandalf
wrote:

Tomorrow I am taking an old diawa match rod that is older than my kids,
still does the job though.

The old gear should work as well as it ever did - the fish haven't changed
much in the last million years or so.

Have fun.

Cheerio,

--